Sunday 21 October 2012

Hero India Open2012

                                                                                

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19

ROUND 2 PLAYER INTERVIEWS

PANUPHOL PITTAYARAT (THA) – SECOND ROUND 68 (-3) TOTAL 135 (-7)
I actually played steady golf. I hit it well but wasn’t holing the putts. I was really in the zone when I birdied the par five (14th hole), chip in (15 yards) after that and hit it close on the next for birdie. I thought I had the 16, 17 and 18 as well but I’m happy with my result.

The rain was pouring down and I didn’t bring my umbrella, which wasn’t smart at all. I was drenched going into the last few holes and the rain started to fog up my glasses! I was playing blindly in the last three holes. I kept my rhythm going so I’m happy with that.

I couldn’t control my temper last year. I went back and basically grew up! I’m more matured now and I’m looking forward to the weekend. The experiences I had on the Asian Tour has thought me many lessons.

CHAPCHAI NIRAT (THA) – SECOND ROUND 68 (-3) TOTAL 135 (-7)
Few weeks back, I was mentally prepared but my putting was bad. But now my putting is now about 80 or 90%. The fairways are small here and you need to hit it on the fairway to give you a chance at birdie.

On this golf course, I change a bit of my playing style. I use driver for four holes only today.

I hit my three wood and second shot (rescue club) 240 yards to about 10 feet which I sank for eagle (11th hole).

For the next two days, I’ll just try and hit it on the fairway and see where it takes me. I won’t force and push myself to make birdies. I’ll just take it as it goes.

My last win was in 2009 but after that, I never really planned my shots properly. I keep thinking that I should hit driver off the tees on every hole. But now I plan properly and use my three wood, rescue or iron.

I’ve lost about eight kilograms from last year. I’m 91 kilograms now.   

ANGELO QUE (PHI) – SECOND ROUND 68 (-3) TOTAL 136 (-6)
I just wanted to shoot under par again. I think shooting three-under every day is good for me on this course. I was hitting it better on the back nine and read the greens better.

I was just thinking that luckily it only rained on half a hole on the front nine and on another half a hole on the back. I’m glad it didn’t rain as much as we expected because I didn’t bring the covers for my golf bag! We played in tougher conditions and this is pretty average.

The wind died down after the rain passed and that helped us.
 
I’ve only been to the driving range in Yeangder TPC in these last eight weeks. When I’m hitting it good, I don’t really go to the range. I just stretch and chip and putt.

Back home when I practice, I don’t really go to the range. I chip and putt and go to the tee. I’m pretty much doing the same routine. I’m not changing anything. If I go to the range then I’m changing something. I only go to the range when I’m changing something.

I’m hitting it well and playing good for eight weeks. I don’t think I need to tinker with my swing anymore.

Securing your card before the big tournaments is a good feeling. At least you are focussed on playing well rather than trying to keep your card. It is a different feeling when you are trying to keep your card. There’s so much pressure and you want to be relax. I’ve had two top-10s so I think I’ve done my part and hopefully I get lucky and win.

No comments:

Post a Comment