Friday 8 March 2013

Warning: Graphic content. Discretion advised.

Dear Naresh,

Last week I mailed you asking you to help my daughter, Chanchal. She was attacked by four men who threw acid on her, because she refused their sexual advances.
I can’t believe the support that poured in for her! More than 28,000 people from across the country have signed my petition and joined our fight for justice.
With support from our friends and family, we held a press conference yesterday in Patna. My brave Chanchal spoke to the media, and announced that we would be delivering your signature to the District Magistrate. 
Chanchal has recorded a message thanking you for your support. Please forward the mail below to everyone you know and ask them to join us.
Chanchal’s doctors tell us that her wounds haven’t healed yet. We need as much support as we can get to ensure medical compensation and speedy justice for Chanchal. We need at least 35000 signatures before delivering the petition to the DM. More people signing it will make the DM realise that there are more people seeking compensation for my daughter.
Please forward the mail below to your friends and family and ask them to sign my petition.
http://www.change.org/petitions/dm-patna-ensure-justice-for-chanchal-paswan-chanchalacidattack-2?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=19705&alert_id=dImxGDcjNk_yOIisoQjEq
Thank you very much,
Shailesh Paswan via Change.org
------Forwarded Message------
They threw acid on my daughter, Chanchal. This happened because she refused to give in to their sexual demands.
After public pressure, the four accused have been arrested but their trial hasn’t started yet. Chanchal narrates this brutal incident everyday to me and I am trying to do whatever I can to get her justice.
That’s why I started a petition on Change.org telling District Magistrate of Patna to get speedy justice and provide adequete compensation for my daughter, Chanchal.
I’ ve seen how public pressure forced the authorities to take action during the Delhi Gang rape case and I pray that it help’s Chanchal in creating a better future for herself.
Watch my daughter’s statement. If you cannot see this video, click display images

We need as many signatures as we can get to build public pressure on the District Magistrate to ensure justice for Chanchal.

It’s been more than 4 months since the gruesome incident and my family still lives in fear. But the strength that Chanchal has shown gives us hope that things will get better.

As I watch my daughter struggle to recover, we look forward to the justice that your signature can get her.

Thank you for your help,
Shailesh Paswan via Change.org

PS: Please forward this mail to your friends and family and help us spread Chanchal’s statement on the incident. http://change.org/chanchal

No comments:

Post a Comment